What is all the buzz about red light therapy devices? Are these devices worth all the hype? Let’s find out. Red light therapy has become extremely popular as an alternative for pain, discomfort, or inflammation.
Many individuals prefer it due to its non-invasive and low-risk nature. Who wants to undergo an invasive, painful procedure to deal with an already painful situation? No one. Technology has made it so that you can manage pain and discomfort in the comfort of your home or place of work.
In this article, we shall delve deep into the world of red light therapy by looking into Dgyao Light Therapy. We hope we have gotten you or your loved one a step closer to a pain management solution with the information herein.
- The heat emitted feels like it is penetrating deep for the user
- Has a high user satisfaction rating
- Lightweight, flexible, and comfortable
- Provides users with red and infrared light therapy
- It is larger than most red light therapy wraps and belts
- It has a 20-minute automatic shut-off
- It has Velcro straps that allow you to use it on different parts of the body
- It has a 1-year warranty that includes the replacement of the charge for a lifetime
- It needs three separate cords to function and run effectively
- It is not ideal for travel due to the need for several power cords and an adapter or converter if not in the US/Canada
- Limits movement and mobility as it requires to be connected to a socket outlet when in use
Overview of Dgyao Red Light Therapy
Dgyao was founded in 2012 primarily to manufacture and export Red light and Infrared devices. According to the company, their wearable LED devices help with arthritis pain relief in the feet, joints, elbows, and knees.
The devices are produced by a team of professional technicians with the help of automatic machines while still focusing on quality control, ensuring the production process is fully optimized.
You can find Dgyao devices online and offline. Their efficient production system ensures a consistent supply of high-quality products for their partners. With innovation being its key focus, the company is actively trying to adapt and develop new red light therapy trends with its products.
Their market base is diverse in their country of origin, China, and internationally in areas like Europe, America, Australia, and others. Dgyao products are ranked highly on Amazon among other top 10 infrared products and devices.
Dgyao has a diversified list of products, which you can check out on the company website. In this article, we shall focus on one of their most popular devices, the Dgyao Light Therapy Belt.
Dgyao Red Light and Infrared Therapy Belt
This device is popular among red light belts and wraps because of its versatility and multitasking nature. The Dgyao Belt has red and invisible infrared lights and can be used on different body parts like the neck, shoulder, knees, elbows, etc.
The belt is easy to use and comes with Velcro straps that facilitate re-adjustments to allow application to different areas with a lot of ease and flexibility. Even though designed to be in direct contact with your skin when in use, the Dgyao Belt is painless and non-invasive. Additionally, when using this belt, you needn’t worry about your comfort as it is thin and light in weight.
The Dgyao Belt is much larger than most belts and wraps (11inches*5.5inches), producing a penetrating light from the inbuilt LEDs. With a much more extensive treatment area, it’s ideal for targeting curvy and larger body areas like the back. It is considered one of the most incredible LED wraps for heat generation.
To help you compare and diversify your options of similar devices, you can look at the Nushape Lipo Wrap review we did. This particular wrap is also said to help reduce weight and provide support during workouts and exercises.
Many individuals prefer the Dgyao Belt as it can almost be called a “one-size fits all” red light therapy home device. Due to its flexibility, you can easily wrap it around many parts of your body, targeting and focusing the treatment on areas of need, providing optimal therapy.
Unlike infrared heating pads, this belt or wrap produces minimal heat in different wavelengths, so you can comfortably use it directly on your skin. When using devices like LED panels, you are required to maintain a certain distance from the device.
Factors to Consider Before Buying a Red Light Therapy Belt/ Wrap
It is easy to become overwhelmed and confused about which red light therapy belt/wrap you should get, bearing in mind the many models available in the market. To help narrow your options, we will touch on some key points to remember when shopping for one. They are:
- Ease of use is one factor that applies to the belt/wrap and other red light therapy devices, whether they are saunas or panels. The setup process should be an undertaking that you can carry out with minimal effort. Once the setup is done, it comes down to how to use the device; you should opt for a device that allows for ease of use from the comfort of your home or office.
- Area of treatment – You want to choose a wrap whose LED bulbs are placed in an ideal way for your needs. For instance, if you want to treat a large area like your back, you would be better off with a larger wrap than a much smaller one for areas like the shoulder or knee.
- Wavelength strength – The recommended wavelength is between 600nm to 900nm for your safety and to avoid damaging your skin. Watch for wraps and belts whose wavelengths are 660nm and 880nm. These wavelengths are efficient and safe to use directly on your skin.
- Intensity is determined and influenced by the number of LEDs placed on a device, affecting how they deliver their energy to the targeted area. The higher the number of LEDs, the higher the device’s power, thus contributing to more effective and efficient treatment.
- EMF radiation – By choosing to go for red light therapy, most people opt for it due to its low risks. It is well-known that EMF radiation harms your body, so to be safe and reduce exposure, you should choose a wrap/belt with EMF shielding.
The last point we will highlight is the Price. It depends on your budget, brand, and if you will have to pay for shipping of the device to your location.
Below are some of the above factors and how they present in the Dgyao Red Light Therapy Wrap:
- Price – $259.99
- Intensity – 23mw/cm^2
- Wavelength – Red lights – 660nm and for the Infrared lights – 880nm
- LEDs – Red lights – 52 and Infrared red – 65
Reviews from Dgyao Red Light Therapy Users
Below are some reviews from Amazon that we summarized. Most users were happy with the Dgyao Therapy Belt, evidenced by the positive reviews. The belt has an average rating of 4.3 stars out of 5 from over 900 reviews.
One customer known as Barbra said this.
A friend who also has back problems recommended it to me and said it’s the best brand of therapy belt. After using it several times I agree with him, it is a great brand and an equally nice product.
Another, named Penny Stohel, gave a critical review saying,
Considering the great price it was/is a great product, but after a year of purchasing it, half the lights stopped working.
A customer known as GDH stated that the wrap worked on night cramps faster than a regular heating pad. This customer added that with an automatic switching-off mechanism, you can go to sleep, and the device will switch off after 20 minutes.
If you are looking for a versatile and efficient RLT device, the Dgyao Therapy belt should be on your radar. This device will not only help with easing your pain or inflammation but also improve your overall wellness.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Is red light therapy considered safe?
A: Yes, it is. Following the manufacturer’s instructions when using any red light therapy device is essential.
Q: How many times can you use red light therapy wraps?
A: The wraps and belts can be used 2-3 times daily. The sessions should ideally last 20 minutes.
Q: Does red light therapy penetrate clothes?
A: Yes, it does. With most red light therapy devices, placing them directly or near the skin is best for better treatment.
Q: What is the timeline before I start seeing results from using red light therapy?
A: Depending on individuals, the duration can be a few days to weeks. The key to lasting results is being consistent with your sessions.
Q: Do you need a prescription before using red light therapy?
A: No, you don’t need a prescription to use LED devices. Consulting a doctor is advisable before you start using one to rule out any concerns.
Studies have already shown the numerous benefits of using red light therapy, and there is nothing wrong with wanting to live a pain-free life while improving your overall health; we strongly encourage it. If pain relief is on your agenda, consider getting the Dgyao Therapy Belt.
We hope this article has shed some light on the versatile Dgyao Therapy Belt that you can use on different body parts without requiring several devices. As with any manufactured device, we must point out that to ensure your safety and efficiency, always follow the guidelines, consult a healthcare professional, and exercise caution.
We also covered the Beurer Review, which focuses on maintaining sleep and health such as reducing pain, and anxiety and promoting better sleep.